Best Bands in Your State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoaDci View Post

In that the winner of ISSMA didnt win Indy. I was saying ISSMA results in the examples you stated were for the most part accurate.
    That's not too atypical though. ISSMA "got it wrong" in 2008 as well - Lawrence Central beat Avon at ISSMA. And the Indianapolis Super Regional. And at the Sound Check regional early in the season. Avon just pushed ahead later in the season and won GN. Lawrence Central also won GN in 2004 but lost ISSMA to Avon. Same thing happened with their 2001 win at GN & their subsequent loss to Carmel at ISSMA.

Avon beat Carmel at the Indy Super in 2012 and 2016 - both times they would go on to lose to them at GN. They also beat Carmel at ISSMA in 2016. It appears that ISSMA's 2nd place is probably more likely to win GN than the 1st place.

In the mid-2000s there was a trend of Tarpon beating KM at ATL and losing to them at GN. This is part of what makes BOA engaging and fun.
    Last edited by Oboe12; 12-06-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Homestead beating Castle at ISSMA by around 2 points then not even making finals at grand nationals

Comment

• My opinion of the best band from major BOA states:

Oklahoma- Broken Arrow

Indiana- Carmel

Texas- Claudia Taylor Johnson

California- Ayala

Tennessee- Dobyns-Bennett

Kentucky- North Hardin

Georgia- Kennesaw Mountain

Florida- Tarpon Springs

Illinois- Marian Catholic

Ohio- William Mason

Michigan- Plymouth-Canton

Hawaii- Millilani

South Carolina- Wando

Virginia- Bassett

New York- Victor

Utah- American Fork

Louisiana- Lafayette

Minnesota- Rosemont

Missouri- Blue Springs

Nebraska- Bellevue West

Norwin- Pennsylvania

Connecticut- Trumbull

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasMavericks View Post
          My opinion of the best band from major BOA states:

Georgia- Kennesaw Mountain
          Texas and Indiana are inherently debatable because they flip week to week, let alone year to year. But I would ask you to reconsider Georgia. If we're talking about the best band in these states over the last decade or this century, then maybe I'd agree, but Harrison has been on top of Kennesaw Mountain for about five years or so. I think KM beat them at a regional in 2014 but, to my knowledge, that's the only time KM has beaten Harrison since 2012, even though they had similar results at Grand Nats before both dropping out of the cycle they had going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oboe12 View Post

Texas and Indiana are inherently debatable because they flip week to week, let alone year to year. But I would ask you to reconsider Georgia. If we're talking about the best band in these states over the last decade or this century, then maybe I'd agree, but Harrison has been on top of Kennesaw Mountain for about five years or so. I think KM beat them at a regional in 2014 but, to my knowledge, that's the only time KM has beaten Harrison since 2012, even though they had similar results at Grand Nats before both dropping out of the cycle they had going.
            I do feel however that this season showed Kennesaw is back on the rise while Harrison has been declining a bit in numbers and quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellomadness View Post

I do feel however that this season showed Kennesaw is back on the rise while Harrison has been declining a bit in numbers and quality.
              It usually takes 2 years of consecutive success (i.e. retaining 6th at Atlanta twice in a row) before saying a band is on the rise. There's many examples of bands of having a stellar year and then sliding back immediately the year after. KM still is out a downward trend in 2014-2016.

Harrison is on a trend downwards, though, I'll give you that. They're as prone to declining further as much as improving for 2018.
              Formerly muse
              Otherwise known as "thewho" on IM.com

Comment

• Cant reveal my sources, but Harrison will definitely back soon.

Comment

• Texas has more very strong bands than Indiana, but Indiana has two EXTREMELY strong bands.

Comment

• And speaking of Texas . last evening Amanda Drinkwater was named as the new Lewisville ISD Fine Arts Director.
                    Last edited by NTXRocks; Yesterday, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X