Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by dbalash View Post
      The colors are very pretty, and interesting show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCI2015Fan View Post

The colors are very pretty, and interesting show.
        This could be a very cheesy show but I知 sure Carmel will take it to a very sophisticated level

Comment

• Originally posted by Marimba11 View Post

This could be a very cheesy show but I知 sure Carmel will take it to a very sophisticated level
          As they always do. So far I知 not intrigued by any of the top 10ish bands shows.

Comment

• Echoes of Phantom Regiment 1997 and Minnesota Brass 2011?

Comment

• Originally posted by LeanderMomma
              A show about Greek mythology and warriors? I知 sure the music will be great! When does Carmel have their first competition?
              Next week BOA Oxford Ohio I think...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marimba11 View Post

Next week BOA Oxford Ohio I think...
                No. This weekend at Brownsburg.
                Formerly muse
                Otherwise known as "thewho" on IM.com

Comment

A show about Greek mythology and warriors? I知 sure the music will be great! When does Carmel have their first competition?
                  Valhalla is actually referring to Norse mythology . And Valhalla is a heaven-like place in Nordic mythology .

Comment

• Originally posted by dbalash View Post
                    Anyone else experiencing Led Zeppelin / Immigrant Song vibes? "Valhalla I am cominnngggggg!" ... I can already tell this show is going to be an epic masterwork.

Comment

It will most certainly be epic.

Someone with more more ties to the Indiana area bands, or just someone with a lot of knowledge, please explain to me what it is that makes Carmel consistently so good. I know Broken Arrow has the genius, Cartwright, and Avon has the genius, Webb....what, or who, is it that makes Carmel special?
                      If we take it down to the basic level, it's what makes most of the best programs good. Money. The median income in the town of Carmel is over $100k.

Comment

There痴 got to be some genius drill writers and musical arrangers and choreographers along with the money. Of course I realize that it takes money to afford the best. Yet others schools are very successful as well....just wondering what they feed those Carmel kids!
                        I would say Michael Gaines, their drill writer. And Richard Saucedo, their music writer. Michael Townsend also works on their design team along with some fantastic directors.

Comment

I知 not familiar with those names like I am Cartwright, Webb and Harloff, but obviously these Carmel folks are incredibly talented.
                          Michael Gaines is the legendary drill writer who wrote drill for the Cavaliers in the early 2000s and more recently wrote drill for Santa Clara Vanguard in 2018. Michael Townsend was formerly the color guard caption head at Carolina Crown for a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by secret View Post

Michael Gaines is the legendary drill writer who wrote drill for the Cavaliers in the early 2000s and more recently wrote drill for Santa Clara Vanguard in 2018. Michael Townsend was formerly the color guard caption head at Carolina Crown for a very long time.
                            Don't forget that Saucedo was the Cavaliers Brass Caption Head and music composer from 2000-2008. Gaines and Saucedo may not be the current talked about guys like Cartwight and Harloff, but they're heavyweights.

Comment

• Also, Rosie Queen directs the color guard, and if I知 not mistaken she works with Bluecoats and founded Bluecoats indoor.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchoolTrumpet View Post

Don't forget that Saucedo was the Cavaliers Brass Caption Head and music composer from 2000-2008. Gaines and Saucedo may not be the current talked about guys like Cartwight and Harloff, but they're heavyweights.
                                I knew I was forgetting something... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X