Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect: "La Vie en Rose"

Lockport Township: "Recomposed" -
    Recomposed by Max Richter - Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - (also being announced as the Lockport Township Pageantry Arts Ensemble)

Comment

• Goshen's show this year is called "For the Love of Nature".

Comment

• Brownsburgís show announcement:

[url]https://youtu.be/lE_ZxTYXIeA[/url]

Comment

• Have we heard anything about Marian Catholic (IL) yet??

Comment

• A non-BOA band's show description for 2018

"This year's show is entitled Picture-esque. The show opens with an exciting and aggressive mashup of Beethoven's Ode to Joy and John Adams' Short Ride in a Fast Machine. The second movement, a classic by Claude Debussy, will feature many different colors and textures: Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun. The third movement will feature the percussion section while also showcasing the technical abilities of our students with Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Jesters. Hold on to your seats for this one! The final movement of our show is an orchestral masterpiece, Modest Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition."

Not the best writing there--and that's after I cleaned up a few errors and redundancies. I'll bet the show plays better than it reads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchingdaily1 View Post

Another band moving to the modern era of uniforms
              I look forward to the day when today's "modern" uniforms are derided, and everyone who loves it now struggles to remember how they could have felt that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbalash View Post
                Prospect: "La Vie en Rose"

Lockport Township: "Recomposed" -
                Recomposed by Max Richter - Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - (also being announced as the Lockport Township Pageantry Arts Ensemble)
                Pageantry Arts Ensemble? How dorky.

Comment

• Originally posted by N.E. Brigand View Post

I look forward to the day when today's "modern" uniforms are derided, and everyone who loves it now struggles to remember how they could have felt that way.
                  Sorry that came across with more asperity than I intended, so let me note that I expect some of my own opinions of today to seem quaint in twenty years!

Comment

• Originally posted by N.E. Brigand View Post

Sorry that came across with more asperity than I intended, so let me note that I expect some of my own opinions of today to seem quaint in twenty years!
                    As someone who has lived through multiple decades now (60's on) I can say that, in the moment, it's tough to say which current styles and fashions will age well, and which will look comical in retrospect. It's possible that twenty years from now those of you still alive will look back at some of the styles and color combos on the field today and think, "how did we ever think that was a good idea?" Or the trend will continue further and further from traditional to the point that it isn't really marching band at all anymore, and full costumes and whatnot are the norm. Uniforms? What century are you from?

With DCI as the guide, I'd say the latter is most likely.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dbalash View Post
                        The colors are very pretty, and interesting show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCI2015Fan View Post

The colors are very pretty, and interesting show.
                          This could be a very cheesy show but Iím sure Carmel will take it to a very sophisticated level

Comment

• Originally posted by Marimba11 View Post

This could be a very cheesy show but Iím sure Carmel will take it to a very sophisticated level
                            As they always do. So far Iím not intrigued by any of the top 10ish bands shows.

Comment

• Echoes of Phantom Regiment 1997 and Minnesota Brass 2011?

Comment

• A show about Greek mythology and warriors? Iím sure the music will be great! When does Carmel have their first competition?

Comment

Working...
                                X