2019 Grand Nationals Attendees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Grand Nationals Attendees

Leander posted on Facebook officially that they're attending GN next year. I have a feeling that's the first of.......a few.

That it would be good to keep track of it all in one place.
    Senior Music Ed. Major
    Aspiring Drill Writer

Originally posted by LeanderMomma

Yes we are! And I can't wait to see who all we bring with us. I'm thinking CTJ will come, but I don't know who else!! Hebron maybe? Vista Ridge? I can't wait to find out who all TeamTexas is going to include in 2019!!
    based on Vista Ridges success this year I really hope that they make the trip up here to indy! they would definetly be a solid finals lock for me!

Comment

Here's what I got for Grand Nationals 2019:

Regular Bands all but confirmed to be attending:

Carmel H.S., IN
      Avon H.S., IN
      Lawrence Township, IN
      Homestead H.S., IN
      Marian Catholic H.S., IL
      Franklin H.S., TN
      Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN
      William Mason H.S., OH
      Center Grove H.S., IN
      Centerville H.S., OH

Non-regular Bands confirmed to be attending:

Leander H.S., TX

Bands on Rotation Years that will likely be attending:

The Woodlands H.S., TX
      Round Rock H.S., TX
      Ayala H.S., CA
      Owasso H.S., OK (a little iffy on whether they'll attend, since they're also in the Rose Parade next year)
      Union H.S., OK

Bands rumored to be attending:

Hebron H.S., TX
      Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
      Keller H.S., TX
      Harrison H.S., GA
      Park Vista H.S., FL
      Vista Murrieta H.S., CA
      Vista Ridge H.S., TX
      Vandegrift H.S., TX

Bands confirmed to NOT be attending:

Castle H.S., IN

Bands with attendance status unknown:

Broken Arrow H.S., OK
      Blue Springs H.S., MO
      O'Fallon Township H.S., IL
      Last edited by BigTrombone; 11-09-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

99.99% positive Hebron will be coming but I suppose nothing's official until it's announced.

Comment

Round Rock has GN on their calendar

Comment

99% sure Keller wonít be attending because of their Macyís trip this year.

Its a shame because they are a COMPLETELY different band then they were when they made finals in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrombone View Post
              Bands confirmed to NOT be attending:

Castle H.S., IN
              What? Why would they ever not attend?

Comment

Originally posted by SaxophonesAreCool View Post

What? Why would they ever not attend?
                When Tom Dean reassumed leadership of the band and they started rising to national prominence, he released a statement saying his intent was to go to GN for three years and then have a trip year as the fourth. And this isnít speculation like trying to figure out the patterns of many GN attendees where there simply are none to be found (Broken Arrow), they legit put out a statement that that was their intent moving forward. But itís prudent to remember that Castle was never a regular GN attendee before 2012ish, with spotty attendance not based on any pattern, so this was when Tom Dean was trying to establish a growth plan for the program.

Which....itís also worth noting that growth plans & stated attendance patterns can and often do change. A bandís goals & placements might be completely different five years from the time a statement was made, and thereís nothing that holds a director to his original intent. Programs and competitions are by nature breathable, living things that make it hard to plan patterns years in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1992Cubs View Post
                  99% sure Keller wonít be attending because of their Macyís trip this year.

Its a shame because they are a COMPLETELY different band then they were when they made finals in 2015.
                  I have actually heard different.

Get ready: I have heard MUCH in the way of Vista Ridge and Vandegrift. Not sure if either will for this year exactly, but it is quite likely that both will with Leander.

Comment

Originally posted by principalagent View Post

I have actually heard different.

Get ready: I have heard MUCH in the way of Vista Ridge and Vandegrift. Not sure if either will for this year exactly, but it is quite likely that both will with Leander.
                    Good Grief. Throw in the possibility of CTJ and Hebron, along with The Woodlands, Leander, and Round Rock and this could be the best grand nationals to date.
                    Last edited by BigTrombone; 11-09-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanderMomma

I'm already looking into booking flights, hotels and BOA tickets.
                      I'm trying to think of a way-too-early top 12 but with the amount of Texas bands going unknown, and Broken Arrow's questionable status, it's hard to say who to put in a Top 12. All I can say is, there are going to be a lot of outstanding programs that won't be in finals next year.

Comment

If the list is as I understand, I legitimately think 7 of the bands will be from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by principalagent View Post
                          If the list is as I understand, I legitimately think 7 of the bands will be from Texas.
                          I think it's safe to say that Ronald Reagan will not be one of those 7. I believe they are attending Grand Nationals again in 2020.
                          Last edited by BigTrombone; 11-09-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I believe Lakota West is returning

Comment

Green Hope and Panther Creek will be impacted by a new school, from what I hear PC moreso. I have also heard the same maybe happening in Fort Mill. If that's the case I would wonder if the leaders want to sort of calibrate for a year before coming back but that is entirely speculative.

Comment

Working...
                              X