2019 BOA Fall Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 BOA Fall Schedule

In preparation for the full schedule release at the Midwest Clinic in 12 days, it looks like Music For All everyday until then, starting today, will be announcing the date of 1 event on Facebook. Today was the confirmation that the 2019 Grand Nationals would be held on November 14th-16th. This has been known for some time, as well as the dates of the Super Regionals. We'll likely get the confirmations for the super regionals soon, as well dates for 8 regionals. I'll update the schedule as MFA keeps announcing events.

2019 Fall Schedule:

10/5: Dallas/ Fort Worth Regional, Pennington Field, Bedford, TX
    Houston Regional, Legacy Stadium, Katy, TX
    10/12: Orlando Regional, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL
    East Tennessee Regional, Ballad Health Athletic Center @ ETSU, Johnson City, TN
    West Texas Regional, Grande Communications Stadium, Midland, TX
    10/18-10/19: St. Louis Super Regional, The Dome At America's Center, St. Louis, MO
    10/19: Central California Regional, Veterans Memorial Stadium @ Buchanan H.S., Fresno, CA (Site Pending)
    10/25-10/26: Indianapolis Super Regional, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
    10/26: Powder Springs Regional, McEachern H.S., Powder Springs, GA
    11/1-11/2: San Antonio Super Regional, The Alamodome, San Antonio, TX
    11/9: Utah Regional, Trailblazer Stadium @ Dixie State University, St. George, UT
    11/14-11/16: Grand National Championships, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
    Last edited by BigTrombone; 12-18-2018, 11:34 AM. Reason: Added Houston Regional (12/18)

According to their Facebook, there will be a "very special" announcement on Wednesday, December 19th. What could it be? Unless it's the schedule release, which, let's be honest, isn't all that special anymore.

Hopefully it'll be something in conjunction with the schedule release.

Comment

Maybe a rule change?

Comment

New regional?
        Formerly muse
        Otherwise known as "thewho" on IM.com

Comment

A New Super Regional perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrombone View Post
            A New Super Regional perhaps?
            A new Southeast Super Regional in a resort destination perhaps? Maybe near one of the most magical places on Earth?
            Seth Bradtmueller
            IndianaMarching.com
            [email]seth@indianamarching.com[/email]

Comment

Seems they're doing a countdown of sorts, with the first post giving the (already known to us paying attention) dates for GN 2019.

I bet they announce the regionals schedule of over the next several days, and the "special" announcement is either what Seth pointed to or a return to MBS.

Or info about what might be coming for the 50th anniversary (still a number of years away)

Comment

Originally posted by sethb811 View Post

A new Southeast Super Regional in a resort destination perhaps? Maybe near one of the most magical places on Earth?
                As this year proved, Florida is an untapped gold mine for BOA. I would love to see a late season Super Regional based in Florida come to fruition!!

Comment

There will most likely be a new Iowa regional. Maybe that is the “special announcement.” It will certainly help draw in some more Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and South Dakota bands!

Comment

Originally posted by Allohak View Post
                    Seems they're doing a countdown of sorts, with the first post giving the (already known to us paying attention) dates for GN 2019.

I bet they announce the regionals schedule of over the next several days, and the "special" announcement is either what Seth pointed to or a return to MBS.

Or info about what might be coming for the 50th anniversary (still a number of years away)
                    Unless something drastic happens with rental fees, they ain't going back to MBS. Looking at their financials from YE 2/28/17 and YE 2/28/18, rental fees went up about $45,000, from $745,027 to $789,294. There's no real drastic changes between the 2016 and 2017 schedules, save for the move from the Georgia Dome to Mercedes Benz Stadium. The rental fees actually went down a bit from 2016-2017, but the YE 2017 totals were in line with YE 2015. Fun fact: rental fees were $403,000 in 2008. Yikes.

I miss the old days when the accounting firm would post expenses/ revenues for each and every regional.
                    Last edited by dbalash; 12-07-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanderMomma
                      an increase to 14 finalists at GN? a prelims/semis/finals format at any super regional with more than 80 bands? more covered venues? new captions for auxillary?

It's exciting to wonder what the announcement will be!
                      Any big change like this wouldn't be announced until March/April at the earliest, when the updated adjudication handbook comes out each year. There's a whole process of BOA Advisory Board meetings and approval.
                      MFA has asked me to include the following disclaimer: Hornrank is not affiliated with Bands of America and Music for All.

Comment

Day 2 of the countdown was an announcement for a return to Camping World Stadium on October 12, 2019 for another BOA Orlando Regional. It doesn't appear to be a super regional.

Comment

Wasn't there a rumored Chicago/Minnesota regional for this season but it never came to fruition? I won't be surprised if that was the announcement.
                          Formerly muse
                          Otherwise known as "thewho" on IM.com

Comment

Originally posted by thewho View Post
                            Wasn't there a rumored Chicago/Minnesota regional for this season but it never came to fruition? I won't be surprised if that was the announcement.
                            Yep. University of Illinois head a tentative regional listed on their schedule and I believe was presented to Illinois directors to gauge interest. Looking at their 2019 schedule, only two weekends would work: September 28 and October 5, unless they cancel their hosted show, which draws 40+ bands every year.

Comment

I don't know how likely this would be, but if the big announcement is a new super regional, what you guys think of a western super regional, like in Nevada or Utah (given if there's a good venue)? I could see it being a big competition that would draw in groups like Ayala and Vista Murrieta, CA, Desert Vista, AZ, Foothill, NV, Clovis, NM, Air Academy, CO, or even Coronado, Pebble Hills and other El Paso/West Texas bands to get a more significant spotlight in BOA without having to travel to the other side of the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X