Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019: Which Bands Are Attending Which Regionals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019: Which Bands Are Attending Which Regionals?

Well the schedule has just come out and considering the forums will likely be dead until the participants lists are posted in April/May, we can probably get this thread going. Right now I know information for 2 bands.

Rosemount H.S., MN: Cedar Falls Regional, St. Louis Super Regional, Indianapolis Super Regional

Greendale H.S., WI: Cedar Falls Regional, Grand National Championships

Anything on the rumor of two Midwestern bands headed down to SA a few months ago?
    Formerly muse
    Otherwise known as "thewho" on IM.com

Comment

Originally posted by thewho View Post
      Anything on the rumor of two Midwestern bands headed down to SA a few months ago?
      From what I've seen on the TXBands Forums, it sounds like Blue Springs will be one of the Midwestern Bands going.

Comment

I canít imagine what other midwestern band would be going

Comment

Originally posted by DCI2015Fan View Post
          I canít imagine what other midwestern band would be going
          Carmel and Avon have both attended before, and Carmel is at the point to where they can win here again. San Antonio is the second best competition in the country - plenty of reasons to come. Archbishop Alter came a few years ago for similar reasons.

Honestly - so many possibilities! I'd love to see one of those or even an off the wall band like Rosemount (even though we know they're not coming) or Homestead or Marian Catholic or Castle. Or someone! This should be exciting.

(obviously not these exact bands - but ones like them!)
          Last edited by Oboe12; 12-21-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oboe12 View Post

Carmel and Avon have both attended before, and Carmel is at the point to where they can win here again. San Antonio is the second best competition in the country - plenty of reasons to come. Archbishop Alter came a few years ago for similar reasons.
            We could see someone from Oklahoma attend. Owasso made finals at San Antonio back in 2015, and it's not out of the question for either Broken Arrow or Union to attend. I think it would be a shock to most of us if we saw either O'Fallon Township or William Mason make the trip to San Antonio. It's probably more likely going to be a smaller school with a pretty good band program, like Camdenton this past season.

Comment

Honestly - so many possibilities! I'd love to see one of those or even an off the wall band like Rosemount (even though we know they're not coming) or Homestead or Marian Catholic or Castle. Or someone! This should be exciting.

I doubt Avon or Carmel would make the trip down as they both recently have done trips.

Comment

Originally posted by DCI2015Fan View Post

I doubt Avon or Carmel would make the trip down as they both recently have done trips.
                Carmel seems to the other band for me as far as speculating goes.

Doing back-to-back trips isn't really out of question as Carmel did this in 2009 and 2010.
                Formerly muse
                Otherwise known as "thewho" on IM.com

Comment

Don't quote me on this but ive heard through the grapevine that a former BOA powerhouse from the Houston area is circulating around the idea of attending BOA St. Louis.

Comment

Westfield? Or spring?
                    James Madison HS Band
                    2016 - EnLIGHTened
                    2017 - Nocturnal Creature
                    2018 - The Ascent
                    2019 -

Trombone player, future Meteorology and Music double major (hopefully as a Sooner) and author.

Comment

Homestead would never do that. Like, never, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MadisonBandMan1 View Post
                        Westfield? Or spring?
                        Its SFA from Sugarland

Comment

Illinois bands most likely back to indy since ISU state competition is same weekend as st louis next year opposed to indy like this year

Comment

Originally posted by mellomadness View Post

Its SFA from Sugarland
                            Yeah, SFA was my immediate thought. Westfield has done shows inside of Texas mostly for the last decade and a half. SFA may not be what they once were (weaker competitive pool) but they're a guaranteed finalist here at STL.

Comment

Yeah, SFA was my immediate thought. Westfield has done shows inside of Texas mostly for the last decade and a half. SFA may not be what they once were (weaker competitive pool) but they're a guaranteed finalist here at STL.
                              Your definitely right that they aren't what they once were, however, I think they are on the right track. They are starting to regain numbers after being very small and are performing much more challenging shows than they were during the mid 2010s. I think they will likely hang out around 8th to 12th at St. Louis.

Comment

Working...
                              X