Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019: Which Bands Are Attending Which Regionals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yayband914 View Post
    This might be old news but Eden Prairieís homecoming is the weekend of the Cedar Falls regional so itís a safe bet we wonít see them there.
    Bixby goes to the Owasso Invitational on the same day of their homecoming almost every year

Comment

Originally posted by Quadsquad_03 View Post

Bixby goes to the Owasso Invitational on the same day of their homecoming almost every year
      Eden Prairie typically doesn't do a competition the week of their homecoming. The same is true for Rosemount, Irondale, Eastview, Marshall, and other bands in Minnesota.
      Last edited by BigTrombone; 02-09-2019, 08:49 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrombone View Post

Eden Prairie typically don't do a competition the week of their homecoming. The same is true for Rosemount, Irondale, Eastview, Marshall, and other bands in Minnesota.
        I would wager it is extremely rare nationwide for a band to compete during their homecoming week.

Are we believing high school kids let their big dance event be taken away from them? Highly doubt many groups do anything in that vein.

Comment

Originally posted by Allohak View Post

I would wager it is extremely rare nationwide for a band to compete during their homecoming week.

Are we believing high school kids let their big dance event be taken away from them? Highly doubt many groups do anything in that vein.
          At Lincoln H.S., SD we would have a full week of activities. On Friday the band would play at halftime of the football game (which starts at 5, the earliest timeslot a game can be held on a Friday at Howard Wood Field, the stadium that ALL Sioux Falls Public schools use), then we would have a non-formal "dance" afterwards. Then we turn around Saturday and have a competition.

Comment

SC high schools donít have a home coming dance, just the Friday football game- thatís it. And of course prom in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Marimba11 View Post

SC high schools donít have a home coming dance, just the Friday football game- thatís it. And of course prom in the spring.
              I don't think homecoming dances are all that common in NC either. The school I teach at does have one but it's just in the gym after the game on Friday night and doesn't draw a huge crowd. We always compete the next day. I guess it really comes down to tradition and culture. A very old school that's always made a big deal of homecoming and had a dance etc. is going to treat it differently than one that hasn't or a school that's newer and in a region where it isn't common.

Comment

Madison has homecoming the week of area every year the 6A competition is held.
                James Madison HS Band
                2016 - EnLIGHTened
                2017 - Nocturnal Creature
                2018 - The Ascent
                2019 -

Trombone player, future Meteorology and Music double major (hopefully as a Sooner) and author.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinniethetrumpetman View Post

I don't think homecoming dances are all that common in NC either. The school I teach at does have one but it's just in the gym after the game on Friday night and doesn't draw a huge crowd. We always compete the next day. I guess it really comes down to tradition and culture. A very old school that's always made a big deal of homecoming and had a dance etc. is going to treat it differently than one that hasn't or a school that's newer and in a region where it isn't common.
                  My homecoming was also not a thing... Maybe had 10-20 kids attending it and the popular crowd did not go. I'm pretty sure they got rid of it my senior year.

The school I work at in central Virginia now, though, has a huge one with probably 500+ kids attending it.

Comment

I competed after all four of my homecoming games, I actually missed two of the games because it rained and we had a competition the following morning.

Comment

TIL homecoming isn't actually a thing, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanderMomma
                        I have to say homecoming dances are still a big thing in Texas.
                        Okay, but everything is bigger in Texas

Comment

I never once went to homecoming dance at my high school. Then went to college at a school where homecoming is not a super big deal. Guess it just is not in my bones.

Comment

Brownsburg misses its homecoming dance every year - they do the Homecoming parade before the game, don't march halftime due to the king/queen ceremony, and then inevitably have an invitational somewhere else in the state that Saturday. They always get back after the dance is over. But school dances (other than prom) are not the super-big deal in Indiana that they are in Texas....those mums, wow!

Comment

Millard North (NE) announced today they will be attending the BOA St. Louis Super Regional!

Comment

Hebron, CTJ, The Woodlands, Leander and Vandy at Grand Nats. Okay, throw in Broken Bow, Avon and Carmel that doesn't leave many other spots for GN finals. I think Hebron will be very ready for that trip, but all of the Texas bands listed have a chance not only at finals but taking the eagle.

Comment

Working...
                                X